Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Background Image

The sun has also been slightly moved.

I'm working on making the game brighter.  That was probably the most requested change from you guys.

First thing I did was adjust the minimum brightness in the day/night cycle.  The game used to make blocks completely black during the 'night' cycle.  Now you can still somewhat see the block types, but they're still darker than during the 'day' cycle.

Next thing I did was create a new background.  I looked at several space photographs as reference and came up with something that I think can pass as a good background.  I'm not sure if it's realistic, but it does give the game a nice feeling.

The next thing I want to add is some kind of graphic to show an asteroid belt going around the sun.

Anyway, I'm going to be out for a few days hanging with the wife.  I'll put a new build out early next week.

edit: Very subtle asteroid belt.

Load this up next to the other image to see it.  Very subtle :]

No comments: