Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Water Glow, changes and a website


This new glow provides a nice light to the otherwise dark world.  I also made a couple more changes.

First off, the controls.  U now changes the lighting.  It does what 4 used to do.  A friend of mine also gave me an idea for an alternate control setup.  If you hold down Shift while pressing IJKL, the game now places an item.  If you hold down Control, the game will drill.  Not holding down anything will shoot.  You can still switch modes manually.  I'm thinking I will make this something you can turn on and off.  The other change I'm going to make is have Q and E switch the active weapons.

The next thing I added is recoil from shooting.  It doesn't move the ship too much, but it's enough to notice.
Next was an auto-save right after you load the world and everytime you pause your game.

Lastly, I created a website yesterday.  It can be found at http://www.astrominer.net.  I posted a bunch of screenshots and a link to the forums.  I will still keep this as my dev blog, but I'm going to post releases on the site.

I'm going to use this as my official changelog for this release:  http://www.astrominer.net/f/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

Anyway, busy night and I still have a lot to do.  I also got Battlefield 3, so if I disappear for a few weeks it's not my fault.

No comments: