Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Version .01a is Complete!

I'm really, really excited to announce that Version .01Alpha of R-01 is finally complete. Tonight I added support for adding and deleting cubes.  I also finished up chunk loading and with those two done, this build is officially complete.  I'm going to publish a new version for my testers to muck around in later this week.


I've learned a ton and there's still a lot more to go.  Version .02a is going to focus primarily on gameplay issues.  The world algorithm will be my primary task for the next few weeks and that'll require me to really learn how to optimize my code so I can get that chunk loading down to <100ms for the higher chunks.

Thanks for coming along this far.  Time for .02a.

~
Roy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I envy your enthusiasm. GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN!!

Roy said...

but I need it :[

Jason said...

Grateful for sharing this post.